- 2 pounds top sirloin roast, trimmed
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons garlic infused olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups good quality beef stock
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Cut the beef against the grain into narrow 2-inch long strips about 1/2-inch thick.
- Pat dry and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the infused olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the prepared beef and brown on all sides, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon oil to saute pan, if needed, and add the onions.
- Cook until light golden, stirring and adding 1/4 cup of beef stock to deglaze the pan.
- Stir in the remaining beef stock and the beef with any resting juices back to the skillet and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream and just heat through, do not boil.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust, as necessary. Transfer the stroganoff to a serving platter and serve. Enjoy!