Poached Salmon Fillets with Watercress Mayo
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped watercress leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 fresh parsley sprigs
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- 6 6-ounce center-cut salmon fillets with skin
- Mix first 4 ingredients in small bowl to blend; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine 1/3 cup water, wine, shallot, parsley, and thyme in large skillet. Place salmon fillets, skin side down, in skillet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover skillet tightly and simmer over medium-low heat until salmon is barely opaque in center, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Transfer salmon to platter; discard wine mixture. Cover salmon with plastic wrap and chill until cold, at least 4 hours. (Watercress mayonnaise and salmon can be made 1 day ahead. Cover separately and keep chilled.)
- Place 1 salmon fillet on each of 6 plates. Serve with watercress mayonnaise.